Early in a nearly 5-hour game, Bartolo Colon threw 8 shutout innings of 3-hit baseball with 87 pitches. However, he did not factor into the decision as Mariano Rivera gave up the 1-0 lead and the extra innings began.
Robinson Cano came through in the 15th inning off of the Orioles last relief pitcher, Mike Gonzalez. The following batter, Chris Dickerson, took a pitch off the helmet and appeared to have a bruise and was taken out of the game as well as Mike Gonzalez, who was ejected immediately.
Hector Noesi entered the game and pitched 4 scoreless innings for his debut and first major league win. Congratulations to the young right-hander.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Spring Training Game 13: Phelps good in tie - March 9, 2014
- Spring Training Game 12: Nova, Banuelos struggle - March 8, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 11: Pineda shines bright in debut - March 7, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 10: Tanaka starts - March 6, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 9: Gardner drives in two in loss - March 5, 2014