Early in a nearly 5-hour game, Bartolo Colon threw 8 shutout innings of 3-hit baseball with 87 pitches. However, he did not factor into the decision as Mariano Rivera gave up the 1-0 lead and the extra innings began.
Robinson Cano came through in the 15th inning off of the Orioles last relief pitcher, Mike Gonzalez. The following batter, Chris Dickerson, took a pitch off the helmet and appeared to have a bruise and was taken out of the game as well as Mike Gonzalez, who was ejected immediately.
Hector Noesi entered the game and pitched 4 scoreless innings for his debut and first major league win. Congratulations to the young right-hander.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees game 155: McCann muscles up for Tanaka - September 21, 2014
- Yankees game 154: Bautista, Jays too much for Yankees - September 20, 2014
- Yankees game 153: Kuroda extends Yankees success over Buehrle - September 19, 2014
- Yankees game 152: Walk off overcomes late game mistake - September 18, 2014
- Yankees game 151: Yankees score enough to win - September 17, 2014