Early in a nearly 5-hour game, Bartolo Colon threw 8 shutout innings of 3-hit baseball with 87 pitches. However, he did not factor into the decision as Mariano Rivera gave up the 1-0 lead and the extra innings began.
Robinson Cano came through in the 15th inning off of the Orioles last relief pitcher, Mike Gonzalez. The following batter, Chris Dickerson, took a pitch off the helmet and appeared to have a bruise and was taken out of the game as well as Mike Gonzalez, who was ejected immediately.
Hector Noesi entered the game and pitched 4 scoreless innings for his debut and first major league win. Congratulations to the young right-hander.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Francisco Cervelli traded - November 12, 2014
- Who replaces Dellin Betances? - November 3, 2014
- Derek Jeter’s farewell to old Yankee Stadium - October 10, 2014
- Yankees game 162: Pineda finishes strong in Jeter’s final finale - September 28, 2014
- Yankees game 161: Red Sox rough up Tanaka, Yankees - September 27, 2014