Early in a nearly 5-hour game, Bartolo Colon threw 8 shutout innings of 3-hit baseball with 87 pitches. However, he did not factor into the decision as Mariano Rivera gave up the 1-0 lead and the extra innings began.
Robinson Cano came through in the 15th inning off of the Orioles last relief pitcher, Mike Gonzalez. The following batter, Chris Dickerson, took a pitch off the helmet and appeared to have a bruise and was taken out of the game as well as Mike Gonzalez, who was ejected immediately.
Hector Noesi entered the game and pitched 4 scoreless innings for his debut and first major league win. Congratulations to the young right-hander.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees Game 20: Tanaka, offense dominant in series opener - April 22, 2014
- Yankees Game 19: Anna watches the win in - April 20, 2014
- Yankees Game 18: Blown out from the beginning - April 19, 2014
- Yankees Game 17: Late game collapse - April 19, 2014
- Yankees Game 16: Three’s the theme in win - April 17, 2014