Early in a nearly 5-hour game, Bartolo Colon threw 8 shutout innings of 3-hit baseball with 87 pitches. However, he did not factor into the decision as Mariano Rivera gave up the 1-0 lead and the extra innings began.
Robinson Cano came through in the 15th inning off of the Orioles last relief pitcher, Mike Gonzalez. The following batter, Chris Dickerson, took a pitch off the helmet and appeared to have a bruise and was taken out of the game as well as Mike Gonzalez, who was ejected immediately.
Hector Noesi entered the game and pitched 4 scoreless innings for his debut and first major league win. Congratulations to the young right-hander.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013