Bartolo Colon allows four hits and gets his first complete game since July 5, 2006. Who would have thought that the first complete game shutout of the season would be by Bartolo Colon? He was absolutely dealing as all of his pitches seemed to be working as he was hitting the corners and keeping the ball in the infield for almost all of his outs.
The Yankees provided Colon offense before he ever threw his first pitch. Derek Jeter led off the game with a single and Mark Teixeira drove a two-run home run to left center. That was already more than enough offense needed by Colon.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Francisco Cervelli traded - November 12, 2014
- Who replaces Dellin Betances? - November 3, 2014
- Derek Jeter’s farewell to old Yankee Stadium - October 10, 2014
- Yankees game 162: Pineda finishes strong in Jeter’s final finale - September 28, 2014
- Yankees game 161: Red Sox rough up Tanaka, Yankees - September 27, 2014