Bartolo Colon allows four hits and gets his first complete game since July 5, 2006. Who would have thought that the first complete game shutout of the season would be by Bartolo Colon? He was absolutely dealing as all of his pitches seemed to be working as he was hitting the corners and keeping the ball in the infield for almost all of his outs.
The Yankees provided Colon offense before he ever threw his first pitch. Derek Jeter led off the game with a single and Mark Teixeira drove a two-run home run to left center. That was already more than enough offense needed by Colon.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees game 156: Pineda dominates O’s - September 22, 2014
- Yankees game 155: McCann muscles up for Tanaka - September 21, 2014
- Yankees game 154: Bautista, Jays too much for Yankees - September 20, 2014
- Yankees game 153: Kuroda extends Yankees success over Buehrle - September 19, 2014
- Yankees game 152: Walk off overcomes late game mistake - September 18, 2014