Bartolo Colon allows four hits and gets his first complete game since July 5, 2006. Who would have thought that the first complete game shutout of the season would be by Bartolo Colon? He was absolutely dealing as all of his pitches seemed to be working as he was hitting the corners and keeping the ball in the infield for almost all of his outs.
The Yankees provided Colon offense before he ever threw his first pitch. Derek Jeter led off the game with a single and Mark Teixeira drove a two-run home run to left center. That was already more than enough offense needed by Colon.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013