Bartolo Colon allows four hits and gets his first complete game since July 5, 2006. Who would have thought that the first complete game shutout of the season would be by Bartolo Colon? He was absolutely dealing as all of his pitches seemed to be working as he was hitting the corners and keeping the ball in the infield for almost all of his outs.
The Yankees provided Colon offense before he ever threw his first pitch. Derek Jeter led off the game with a single and Mark Teixeira drove a two-run home run to left center. That was already more than enough offense needed by Colon.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees Game 22: Blowout in Boston to take the series - April 24, 2014
- Yankees Game 21: Substance fueled loss - April 23, 2014
- Yankees Game 20: Tanaka, offense dominant in series opener - April 22, 2014
- Yankees Game 19: Anna watches the win in - April 20, 2014
- Yankees Game 18: Blown out from the beginning - April 19, 2014