Home runs were the talk of the day. Nick Swisher started the Yankees comeback from 3-0 with a 2-run home run. Jorge Posada followed with a home run of his own to go back-to-back with the Yankees right fielder.
Eduardo Nunez came through with the big single though to give the Yankees the lead.
Mark Teixeira also hit his 23rd home run of the season to tie with Jose Bautista for leader.
And just some old timer named TINO MARTINEZ hit a home run today (not in the live game, unfortunately). Old Timer’s Day is always a great tradition that brings historic Yankees of the franchise back.
The highlight of the appearances included Lou Piniella, Bernie Williams, and Joe Torre. Joe Torre received a tremendous ovation. Gene Monahan received a surprise package to thank him for all his years of service considering it his final year with the Yankees.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013