Home runs were the talk of the day. Nick Swisher started the Yankees comeback from 3-0 with a 2-run home run. Jorge Posada followed with a home run of his own to go back-to-back with the Yankees right fielder.
Eduardo Nunez came through with the big single though to give the Yankees the lead.
Mark Teixeira also hit his 23rd home run of the season to tie with Jose Bautista for leader.
And just some old timer named TINO MARTINEZ hit a home run today (not in the live game, unfortunately). Old Timer’s Day is always a great tradition that brings historic Yankees of the franchise back.
The highlight of the appearances included Lou Piniella, Bernie Williams, and Joe Torre. Joe Torre received a tremendous ovation. Gene Monahan received a surprise package to thank him for all his years of service considering it his final year with the Yankees.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees Spring Training Game 11: Pineda shines bright in debut - March 7, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 10: Tanaka starts - March 6, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 9: Gardner drives in two in loss - March 5, 2014
- Yankees Spring Training Game 8: Cervelli goes deep in loss - March 4, 2014
- Spring Training Game 7: Super Nova shines in win - March 3, 2014