There’s no set timetable for Gardner’s return, but Girardi told reports he doesn’t expect Gardner back before the All-Star break.
Gardner, 28, is hitting .321/.424/.393/ in 34 plate appearances this season.
As Gardner remains shelved, the Yankees will continue to use some combination of Raul Ibanez, Jayson Nix and Dewayne Wise in left.
Follow me on twitter: @Colin_NYYU
Latest posts by Colin MacNeil (see all)
- Yankees Game 3 Lineup: 04/04/13 - April 4, 2013
- Yanks, Logan avoid arbitration - January 18, 2013
- Yankees spring training schedule - December 11, 2012
- Yankees sign Pettitte to a one-year, $12 million contract - November 28, 2012
- Yankees Game 162 Lineup: 10/03/12 - October 3, 2012