Yankees All Star second baseman, Robinson Cano, found himself at the wrong-end of some nasty rumors today. Dan Tordjman, a TV Reporter in Charlotte, NC, first reported on Twitter that Cano failed a Performance Enhancing Drug test and would face a suspension from MLB as early as Friday.
When asked about the rumors, Cano quickly shot down the allegations:
Cano has never before been linked to steroids, but it is not uncommon for superstars in today’s game—Dominican-born players in specific—to be linked to PED’s. Additionally, with the Melky Cabrera proven reports earlier this summer, Cano’s name was bound to surface in steroid rumors eventually. Whether fair or not, that is the post-steroid era we live in today.
Latest posts by Andrew Rotondi (see all)
- Derek Jeter Deserves His Farewell Tour - February 20, 2014
- Remembering the great ‘El Duque’ - January 14, 2014
- I Do Not Understand What the Yankees Are Doing - December 6, 2013
- A BronxPinstripes Farewell to Mariano Rivera: Part 3 - September 19, 2013
- A BronxPinstripes Farewell to Mariano Rivera: Part 2 - September 15, 2013