We don’t know an exact number of games or at-bats Granderson needs, but it’s likely he returns sometime next week. Early predictions seem to be falling on the doubleheader at Cleveland on Monday, or back in New York against Seattle on Tuesday.
Granderson has been participating in extended spring training games for the past week and has experienced no setbacks with his fractured forearm. He has also been working on all three outfield positions, leaving open the possibility that manager Joe Girardi will keep Brett Gardner in center.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Yankees will pay for education of slain NYPD officer’s children - December 22, 2014
- Yankees, Headley agree to 4 year deal - December 15, 2014
- Deja vu all over again? - December 9, 2014
- Yankees to acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius - December 5, 2014
- Yankees ‘in serious pursuit’ of Andrew Miller - December 1, 2014