The New York Yankees announced today that Mark Teixeira will be unable to play for 10-14 days.
“Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira was seen today by team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He underwent an MRI which showed an irritation of his Grade 1 left calf strain. Teixeira will be evaluated on a weekly basis moving forward, and is expected to be unavailable to play for 10-14 days.”
Teixeira re-aggravated his left calf while trying to beat out a double play in the ninth inning in Saturday’s game against the Baltimore Orioles.
Follow me on twitter: @Colin_NYYU
Latest posts by Colin MacNeil (see all)
- Yankees Game 3 Lineup: 04/04/13 - April 4, 2013
- Yanks, Logan avoid arbitration - January 18, 2013
- Yankees spring training schedule - December 11, 2012
- Yankees sign Pettitte to a one-year, $12 million contract - November 28, 2012
- Yankees Game 162 Lineup: 10/03/12 - October 3, 2012