Although the official roster won’t be unveiled until Thursday, there are already rumblings on who will be on Team USA for this year’s World Baseball Classic.WFAN’s Jon Heyman is reporting that Andy Pettitte and Mark Teixeira will suit up, joining familiar faces in R.A. Dickey and David Wright.
Pettitte will be reunited with an old friend, as former Yankee manager Joe Torre will manage Team USA. This is Pettitte and Teixeira’s first time competing in the WBC. Derek Jeter, a mainstay on Team USA, will skip this year’s event due to his recovery of a broken ankle.
Team USA will play it’s first game on March 8 at Chase Field in Arizona against Mexico. First pitch is scheduled for 7 pm.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Yankees will pay for education of slain NYPD officer’s children - December 22, 2014
- Yankees, Headley agree to 4 year deal - December 15, 2014
- Deja vu all over again? - December 9, 2014
- Yankees to acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius - December 5, 2014
- Yankees ‘in serious pursuit’ of Andrew Miller - December 1, 2014