Reliever David Robertson and the Yankees have avoided arbitration after agreeing upon a one-year deal worth $3.1 million, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman via Twitter.
Before settling on the dollar amount, Robertson had originally requested $3.55 million, after which the Yankees countered with $2.88 mil. Robertson was arbitration eligible for the 2nd time, after earning $1.6 million this past season, going 2-7 with a 2.65 ERA in 65 outings. He is on track to be a free agent come 2014.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Yankees will pay for education of slain NYPD officer’s children - December 22, 2014
- Yankees, Headley agree to 4 year deal - December 15, 2014
- Deja vu all over again? - December 9, 2014
- Yankees to acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius - December 5, 2014
- Yankees ‘in serious pursuit’ of Andrew Miller - December 1, 2014