Reliever David Robertson and the Yankees have avoided arbitration after agreeing upon a one-year deal worth $3.1 million, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman via Twitter.
Before settling on the dollar amount, Robertson had originally requested $3.55 million, after which the Yankees countered with $2.88 mil. Robertson was arbitration eligible for the 2nd time, after earning $1.6 million this past season, going 2-7 with a 2.65 ERA in 65 outings. He is on track to be a free agent come 2014.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Torre elected to the Hall, Steinbrenner falls short - December 9, 2013
- Robinson Cano signs with Seattle - December 6, 2013
- Yankees to re-sign Hiroki Kuroda - December 6, 2013
- Yankees to sign Jacoby Ellsbury - December 3, 2013
- Source: Ellsbury rumored to arrive in New York - December 3, 2013