Tanaka has not seen the Yankee team doctor Dr. Ahmad due to an orthopedic convention right now, so the Yankees had no choice but to make the move. To fill the roster spot, they have called up outfielder Zoilo Almonte. It’s a devastating blow and if he does see extended time on the DL, this could be the end of the Yankees season. Tanaka had pitched for the first time this season on four days rest in back-to-back games and clearly was not the same pitcher we saw early on in the season. Hopefully he will just miss two starts and just needs some rest. Early word is that the Yankees have an idea of how bad the injury is but will not go into detail until Dr. Ahmad gets his hands on the MRI. Joe Girardi has not named a starter for Sunday, but my guess is they will use Chase Whitley to fill in. Yankee fans, hold your breath for now.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Yankees Get Chase Headley; Trade Solarte - July 22, 2014
- Have the Yankees Moved on from the Cliff Lee Idea? - July 22, 2014
- Finally Put the Refsynder Debate to Rest, For Now - July 18, 2014
- RE2PECT: Jeter Tribute Video by Jordan Brand - July 14, 2014
- Tanaka Issues Apology - July 11, 2014