Tanaka has not seen the Yankee team doctor Dr. Ahmad due to an orthopedic convention right now, so the Yankees had no choice but to make the move. To fill the roster spot, they have called up outfielder Zoilo Almonte. It’s a devastating blow and if he does see extended time on the DL, this could be the end of the Yankees season. Tanaka had pitched for the first time this season on four days rest in back-to-back games and clearly was not the same pitcher we saw early on in the season. Hopefully he will just miss two starts and just needs some rest. Early word is that the Yankees have an idea of how bad the injury is but will not go into detail until Dr. Ahmad gets his hands on the MRI. Joe Girardi has not named a starter for Sunday, but my guess is they will use Chase Whitley to fill in. Yankee fans, hold your breath for now.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- A-Rod praises Derek Jeter’s career from afar - October 2, 2014
- Derek Jeter starts a blog - October 1, 2014
- Derek Jeter takes in Fenway his way (Photos) - September 28, 2014
- MLB releases Derek Jeter tribute video - September 20, 2014
- Latest Derek Jeter commercial by Gatorade is pure class - September 18, 2014