Mark Teixeira left Saturday’s game early after he appeared to re-aggrivate his wrist. He has flown back to New York to have it examined, according to Andy McCullough. It was announced that the MRI on Teixeira’s wrist shows inflammation. He received cortisone shot and will rest for a few days. No DL stint as of now.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season with a serious wrist injury, so this news is not good for the Yankees. Toronto slugger Jose Bautista suffered the same injury last season and eventually came back. Only a few games into his return, Bautista re-injured himself and had season ending surgery. Manager Joe Girardi said that Teix will need a few days to get right, but that he’s obviously concerned with the wrist.
Lyle Overbay will take Teix’s spot at first for the time being.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Yankees will pay for education of slain NYPD officer’s children - December 22, 2014
- Yankees, Headley agree to 4 year deal - December 15, 2014
- Deja vu all over again? - December 9, 2014
- Yankees to acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius - December 5, 2014
- Yankees ‘in serious pursuit’ of Andrew Miller - December 1, 2014