Jon Heyman of CBS has just announced on Twitter that Yankees starting pitcher Michael Pineda has a right anterior labral tear, and will be undergoing surgery to repair the damage on Tuesday, May 1. According to multiple reports, Pineda is expected to be out for the entire season. Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman has also confirmed that Pineda will be sidelined for all of 2012. This new knowledge of how serious Pineda’s injury is explains why his velocity was down during Spring Training.
More to come as the news unfolds.
Latest posts by Brian Capozzi (see all)
- Mick Kelleher’s Man of the Week – Carlos Beltran - April 14, 2014
- Mick Kelleher’s Man of the Week – Yangervis Solarte - April 7, 2014
- 2013 BronxPinstripes.com End-of-Year MLB Awards - November 11, 2013
- This day in history | 1996 - November 5, 2013
- Yankees Player of the Week: June 24-June 30 - July 1, 2013