On Wednesday, the Baseball Hall of Fame and the Baseball Writers Association of America announced the ballot of 37 players competing for a spot in the 2013 Hall of Fame class. Many of the candidates are on the ballot for the first time. There are six former Yankees listed on this year’s ballot. The 600-plus eligible voters have until December 31 to return their ballots.
The results will be announced on January 9, with a results show simulcast live on MLB Network. In order to gain election to the Hall, a player needs to secure 75 percent of the votes cast.
The players up for election to the Hall are:
Sandy Alomar Jr.
Latest posts by Dan Pfeiffer (see all)
- Yankees Affiliate Honored as ‘Team of the Year’ - October 31, 2013
- Potential Milestones: September 2, 2013 - September 2, 2013
- Interviews | Mason Williams - September 1, 2013
- Yankees Promotion Decisions Looming as September Approaches - August 31, 2013
- Potential Yankees Milestones: August 30, 2013 - August 30, 2013