It is reported that the Yankees are looking at ways to void A-Rod’s contract, which has $114 million remaining over the next five years. That is a substantial amount to try and get voided and there is no precedent on a player’s contract being voided due to PED use.
The fact that this story even exists shows how the relationship between Rodriguez and the Yankees has deteriorated. He is a player that has won 2 MVP’s with the Yankees (’05 and ’07) and helped the Yankees win the World Series in 2009, but now there are talks of voiding his contract. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
A source has come out and said the Yankees “can’t do anything until the MLB investigation is concluded and they take action, if any.” So, any action will have to wait for the moment, but this only hurts A-Rod’s already tarnished reputation and it will be interesting to see where this story goes over the next couple of days. Maybe reports come out that alleviate the current status on A-Rod, or it could get worse, much worse for the Yankee’s third baseman. Hold on to your butts.
Latest posts by Matthew Golda (see all)
- Playoff Push: Yankees eliminated from playoff contention - September 26, 2013
- Playoff Push: Yankees 5 games back with 5 to go - September 25, 2013
- Playoff Push: Yankees remain 4 games back - September 24, 2013
- Playoff Push: Yankees drop to 4 games back after tough loss - September 23, 2013
- Playoff Push: Yankees remain 3 games back of Indians - September 22, 2013