After missing time earlier this week on the Yankees’ west coast trip, it turns out that Nick Swisher won’t be meeting his goal of returning on Friday after all.
Newsday’s Erik Boland spoke with GM Brian Cashman earlier this evening, who said that Swisher “looked good” at the team’s off-day workout at the Stadium today. However, Cashman followed up that remark by saying that Swisher is “not a player for us tomorrow.” It still doesn’t sound like a disabled list situation, but it’s certainly something to monitor through the weekend. For what it’s worth, Cashman did not rule out Swisher for Saturday or Sunday against the Red Sox.
Swisher hasn’t played since leaving last Friday’s game with a strained left hip flexor. In 85 games this season, Swisher is hitting .258 with 14 home runs and 58 RBIs.
Follow Dan on Twitter @danpfeiffer74 for more insight and analysis regarding the New York Yankees and the Yankee farm system.
Latest posts by Dan Pfeiffer (see all)
- Gary Sanchez benched in Trenton for disciplinary reasons - June 13, 2014
- Peter O’Brien’s ‘easy power’ drawing comparisons to all-time greats - May 23, 2014
- Thunder Manager Tony Franklin sets Eastern League wins record - May 10, 2014
- Down on the Farm: BronxPinstripes’ Top 20 Prospects - March 3, 2014
- Baseball America Releases Top-10 Yankees Prospect List - December 9, 2013