According to the Associated Press, an anonymous person familiar with A-Rod’s diagnosis during surgery said that very little cartilage damage was found in the sluggers injured left hip.
Leading up to the procedure, Dr. Bryan Kelly said that the extent of cartilage damage was a concern, and could not be determined before surgery. The operation was a success and went as planned without any complications. A-Rod posted a picture on his facebook page of him in his hospital bed giving a thumbs-up.
The expected recovery time for A-Rod is six months, which puts him on track for a return to the Yankee lineup just after the All-Star break in July.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Torre elected to the Hall, Steinbrenner falls short - December 9, 2013
- Robinson Cano signs with Seattle - December 6, 2013
- Yankees to re-sign Hiroki Kuroda - December 6, 2013
- Yankees to sign Jacoby Ellsbury - December 3, 2013
- Source: Ellsbury rumored to arrive in New York - December 3, 2013