According to the Associated Press, an anonymous person familiar with A-Rod’s diagnosis during surgery said that very little cartilage damage was found in the sluggers injured left hip.
Leading up to the procedure, Dr. Bryan Kelly said that the extent of cartilage damage was a concern, and could not be determined before surgery. The operation was a success and went as planned without any complications. A-Rod posted a picture on his facebook page of him in his hospital bed giving a thumbs-up.
The expected recovery time for A-Rod is six months, which puts him on track for a return to the Yankee lineup just after the All-Star break in July.
Latest posts by Rich Kaufman (see all)
- Yankees will pay for education of slain NYPD officer’s children - December 22, 2014
- Yankees, Headley agree to 4 year deal - December 15, 2014
- Deja vu all over again? - December 9, 2014
- Yankees to acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius - December 5, 2014
- Yankees ‘in serious pursuit’ of Andrew Miller - December 1, 2014