Joba Chamberlain, 26, could begin a minor league rehab assignment as soon as Tuesday. Chamberlain was coming back from elbow ligament-replacement (Tommy John Surgery) when he dislocated his right ankle while bouncing on a trampoline with his son on March 22.
Chamberlain threw live batting practice today. He struck out three of six batters, allowed one hit and a walk.
The right-hander expects to throw first pitch with the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Yankees.
The 26-year-old could rejoin the Yankees’ bullpen by late July or early August.
Follow me on twitter: @Colin_NYYU
Latest posts by Colin MacNeil (see all)
- Yankees Game 3 Lineup: 04/04/13 - April 4, 2013
- Yanks, Logan avoid arbitration - January 18, 2013
- Yankees spring training schedule - December 11, 2012
- Yankees sign Pettitte to a one-year, $12 million contract - November 28, 2012
- Yankees Game 162 Lineup: 10/03/12 - October 3, 2012