One run is all you need to win in today’s 1-0 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Brett Gardner (6 for 11, .545) and Ichiro Suzuki (5 for 8, .556) continue to look well-prepared for the season to start already, with each getting a hit in today’s game, getting a hit in all of their games this Spring. Juan Rivera puts together 2 hits, including a double, as he competes for a possible outfield spot or the right-handed designated hitter to split time with Travis Hafner.
David Phelps got today’s start and pitched 3 scoreless innings. With the recent news regarding Phil Hughes, Phelps is likely expected to make Opening Day as a starter and his continued effectiveness would make the decision logical. David Aardsma and Clay Rapada, two likely members of the bullpen, each had a scoreless inning of work in today’s game. The only mistake was made by reliever Chase Whitley, giving up a solo home run to Andy LaRoche in the 7th inning.
Win – Brett Cecil
Loss – Chase Whitley
Save – Chad Beck
*Andy LaRoche – 1 for 2, R, Solo Home Run (1) in the 2nd, RBI (2)
*Jose Reyes – 1 for 3
*Juan Rivera – 2 for 2, 2B
*Brett Gardner – 1 for 3
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees game 152: Walk off overcomes late game mistake - September 18, 2014
- Yankees game 151: Yankees score enough to win - September 17, 2014
- Yankees game 150: Tempers flare in loss - September 16, 2014
- Emergency appendectomy ends Prado’s season; Pirela promoted - September 16, 2014
- Yankees game 149: Rays walk off in pitcher’s duel - September 15, 2014