The Yankees have announced that right-handed pitcher Bruce Billings has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm. They have recalled pitcher Preston Claiborne from Triple-A Scranton to fill the roster spot. Billings made is debut with the Yankees on Friday in relief of Hiroki Kuroda in the 5th inning. Billings pitched four innings, and gave up four earned, two of which were home runs. It’s been a merry go-round of pitching moves the last week or so. The Yankees are struggling to find some stability in the front-end of the bullpen. Although Preston Claiborne has pitched fairly well this season both in Scranton and his two outings with the Yankees. Claiborne has only given up one earned run in four innings pitched, so he could be used in a pinch if Girardi needs someone tonight. Claiborne was originally optioned down Thursday to make room for Billings, but can be recalled due to the injury.
Also Brett Gardner had x-rays on his foot today. He was hit by a pitch during yesterday’s win. The x-rays were negative, but his left foot is apparently sore. Lineups have not been posted yet, but I figure Girardi will give him the night off plus he’ll have the off day tomorrow. It doesn’t look like it’s anything serious, probably just needs to rest it.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Yankees get Gonzalez Germen from the Mets - December 19, 2014
- Yankees trade Prado and Phelps to Marlins for Nathan Eovaldi, Garrett Jones - December 19, 2014
- Alex Rodriguez now full-time DH says Cashman - December 16, 2014
- Yankees retain Chris Capuano on 1-year deal - December 16, 2014
- Girardi likes what he sees from A-Rod so far - December 10, 2014