As well as John Ryan Murphy has played since being called up, the Yankees had to make to right move today. Francisco Cervelli was activated from the 60-day disabled list and optioned Murphy back to Triple-A Scranton, where he will be the everyday catcher for the RailRiders and continue to work. Cervelli had been getting some good work in at first base while on assignment, and will probably be another option off the bench as a backup to Mark Teixeira.
We are all aware the trade deadline is slowly approaching, and the team will be looking for starting pitching, but who is being dangled as trade bait right now? Gary Sanchez’s stock seems to have fallen inside the organization, and there have been some rumblings that Cervelli will not be put on the trade block. GM Brian Cashman will have some decisions to make if he decides to package up one of these catchers in a deal for some pitching.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Latest Derek Jeter commercial by Gatorade is pure class - September 18, 2014
- Tanaka will make his return Sunday - September 16, 2014
- Beltran and Gardner could be done for the season - September 11, 2014
- Tanaka very close to returning this season - September 9, 2014
- Yankees September Roster Moves - September 2, 2014