Yankees make a few roster moves today, most notably activating reliever Shawn Kelley from the 15-day disabled list and have optioned Matt Daley back to Triple-A Scranton. Manager Joe Girardi has said that there is no set role for Kelley as of now, it’s all about the match-ups for now. Kelley was the setup man and acted as the closer earlier this season when David Robertson was hurt. For now Girardi said he can be used anywhere from coming in to get one out, to pitching a whole inning. Kelley helps bolster an already strong bullpen, wherever he is used.
Yankees also acquired left-handed reliever David Huff from the San Francisco Giants today. Huff is a familiar face, he was part of last year’s bullpen, some of you might remember. To make room for Huff, they have designated Wade Leblanc for assignment. Nothing to surprising. Huff made 16 appearances for the Giants this year and pitched to a 6.30 ERA. He is available today to pitch and will be the long man for now.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Yankees get Gonzalez Germen from the Mets - December 19, 2014
- Yankees trade Prado and Phelps to Marlins for Nathan Eovaldi, Garrett Jones - December 19, 2014
- Alex Rodriguez now full-time DH says Cashman - December 16, 2014
- Yankees retain Chris Capuano on 1-year deal - December 16, 2014
- Girardi likes what he sees from A-Rod so far - December 10, 2014