Michael Pineda might have bigger issues then his suspension right now. While pitching a simulated game down in Tampa, he pulled himself out after only one inning with tightness in his right lat. He’s going for an MRI, but manager Joe Girardi said the news isn’t encouraging and could miss his next start. Pineda is eligible to return on Monday May 5th. Obviously nothing will be known till the MRI results come back. Girardi has said David Phelps will pitch in Pineda’s place until he returns. Pineda’s injury history is well documented, but this isn’t related to any of his past injures. Due to the suspension, Pineda wouldn’t be eligible to be placed on the disabled list till after his suspension is up, so the hopes are the time off now will be enough.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Buy, Sell or Trade, What the Yankees are really doing - July 28, 2014
- A-Rod turns 39 today, continues to stay quiet - July 27, 2014
- Yankees Lineup: Game 104 7/27/14 - July 27, 2014
- Yankees Lineup: Game 103 - July 26, 2014
- Teixeira feels better, but still a few games away - July 26, 2014