The Yankees opened up the roster’s this afternoon, adding eight players to the club. Here is the list of moves made today. Only surprise is the the Heathcott move, by adding him to the 60-day disabled list they have activated his big league clock, but they have depth in the outfield so it really is a low risk move.
Recalled C John Ryan Murphy, RHP Preston Claiborne, RHP Bryan Mitchell and RHP Chase Whitley from Triple-A Scranton.
· Selected LHP Rich Hill and OF Chris Young to the active roster from Triple-A Scranton.
· Signed OF Antoan Richardson and RHP Chaz Roe to Major League contracts and select them to the active roster from Triple-A Scranton.
· Recalled OF Slade Heathcott from Double-A Trenton and transfer him to the 60-day disabled list (right knee surgery).
· Transferred RHP Masahiro Tanaka to the 60-day disabled list.
· Released RHP Matt Daley.
· Designated OF Zoilo Almonte for assignment.