Chris Heisey started the 2nd game of the doubleheader with a bang as he hit a leadoff home run for the Reds. The long ball became a common occurrence in tonight’s game.
Unfortunately for the Yankees, it occurred 2 more times for Heisey. The Reds outfielder became the first player to hit 3 home runs against the Yankees in interleague. (He is known for his SPEED not his bat)
The Yankees had opportunities to score but fell short against Johnny Cueto. They went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. So the Yankees split the doubleheader to close out the series with the Cincinnati Reds. The next part of interleague will be against the Colorado Rockies back in the Bronx.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees Game 21: Substance fueled loss - April 23, 2014
- Yankees Game 20: Tanaka, offense dominant in series opener - April 22, 2014
- Yankees Game 19: Anna watches the win in - April 20, 2014
- Yankees Game 18: Blown out from the beginning - April 19, 2014
- Yankees Game 17: Late game collapse - April 19, 2014