Chris Heisey started the 2nd game of the doubleheader with a bang as he hit a leadoff home run for the Reds. The long ball became a common occurrence in tonight’s game.
Unfortunately for the Yankees, it occurred 2 more times for Heisey. The Reds outfielder became the first player to hit 3 home runs against the Yankees in interleague. (He is known for his SPEED not his bat)
The Yankees had opportunities to score but fell short against Johnny Cueto. They went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. So the Yankees split the doubleheader to close out the series with the Cincinnati Reds. The next part of interleague will be against the Colorado Rockies back in the Bronx.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013