Chris Heisey started the 2nd game of the doubleheader with a bang as he hit a leadoff home run for the Reds. The long ball became a common occurrence in tonight’s game.
Unfortunately for the Yankees, it occurred 2 more times for Heisey. The Reds outfielder became the first player to hit 3 home runs against the Yankees in interleague. (He is known for his SPEED not his bat)
The Yankees had opportunities to score but fell short against Johnny Cueto. They went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. So the Yankees split the doubleheader to close out the series with the Cincinnati Reds. The next part of interleague will be against the Colorado Rockies back in the Bronx.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Yankees Game 15: Pineda completes a clean sweep - April 16, 2014
- Yankees Game 14: Tanaka dominates the day - April 16, 2014
- Yankees Game 13: Overcome the injuries in win - April 14, 2014
- Yankees Game 12: McCann, Yankees go deep in win - April 12, 2014
- Yankees Game 11: CC struggles in sixth - April 11, 2014