New York Mets 3 — New York Yankees 8
Ike Davis’ home run brought all the Mets offense but the errors played a huge role in the Yankees 8-3 win over the Mets in the final Spring Training game of this season. Freddy Garcia started the last game of Spring Training and went 4.2 innings and the only runs came on Davis’ home run. To a standing ovation, Andy Pettitte took the mound in the 6th inning. He gave up a bloop single on a full count to the first batter he faced but this batter would be the 2nd out as he was caught stealing. The final out of his inning of work came on a ground out that got another standing ovation from the home crowd.
In the 7th inning, Francisco Cervelli tied the game with a two-run home run. A number of errors in the 8th inning made a tremendous impact on the game and was a lead that they didn’t surrender as the Yankees end the Spring with the win.
Win – Cory Wade (1-0)
Loss – Angel Cuan (0-1)
*Ike Davis – 2 for 2, R, 3-Run Home Run (4) in the 3rd, 3 RBI (13)
*Daniel Murphy – 2 for 2, R
*Francisco Cervelli – 1 for 1, R, 2-Run Home Run (1) in the 7th, 2 RBI (7)
*Hector Rabago – 1 for 1, R, 2 RBI (2)
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013