Yankees outfielder, Brett Gardner, will have arthroscopic surgery to remove inflamed tissue in his right elbow next week. The team’s physician, Dr. Chris Ahmad, will preform the procedure and it will likely end Gardner’s season.
In April, the speedy outfielder suffered a bone bruised and an elbow strain on a slide catch. The 28-year-old had multiple setbacks in his recovery and has been on the disabled list since April 18.
Now that we know that Gardner is likely done for the season, the question remains – Can the Yankees Survive Without Gardner?
Follow me on twitter: @Colin_NYYU
Latest posts by Colin MacNeil (see all)
- Yankees Game 3 Lineup: 04/04/13 - April 4, 2013
- Yanks, Logan avoid arbitration - January 18, 2013
- Yankees spring training schedule - December 11, 2012
- Yankees sign Pettitte to a one-year, $12 million contract - November 28, 2012
- Yankees Game 162 Lineup: 10/03/12 - October 3, 2012