Ivan Nova is acknowledged for his outstanding August.
For the month of August, Ivan Nova had a 4-0 record with a 2.08 ERA. He also had a WHIP of 1.20. He pitched seven innings of shutout baseball in San Diego early in the month and pitched seven innings of one-run baseball against the potent Detroit Tigers lineup.
He gave up three runs in a start against the Angels and four in a start against the Toronto Blue Jays. He also had a difficult start against the Tampa Bay Rays, walking six but he minimized the damage by allowing just two runs.
His last start of the month was against the Baltimore Orioles and he may have pitched one of the best games of the season. He pitched a complete game three-hit shutout.
Most importantly, the Yankees were 6-0 in all of Nova’s starts during August. While some of the Yankees starting pitchers have floundered or struggled during the dog days of the season, Ivan “Super” Nova has shined bright.
Congratulations to Ivan Nova.
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- What you need to know: Brian McCann - December 3, 2013
- Cano, and others, receive qualifying offer - November 4, 2013
- Yankees Game 162: Win the marathon 2013 finale - September 29, 2013
- Yankees Game 161: Andy Pettitte’s storybook ending - September 28, 2013
- Yankees Game 160: Final series opens with a win - September 27, 2013