Last night, Major League Baseball revealed its updated American League All-Star voting tallies. For both Derek Jeter and Curtis Granderson, it appears that almost regardless of what happens between now and when the rosters are unveiled on July 1st, they will be in the starting lineup representing the Yankees at the Mid-Summer Classic. The tally also showed that Robinson Cano is second by under 200,000 votes to the Rangers’ Ian Kinsler, which gives him a chance to make up some ground and put a third Yankee in the starting line-up.
Mark Teixeira (3rd among 1B), Alex Rodriguez (4th among 3B), and Nick Swisher (7th among OF) all still are close enough in vote tallies that they have a chance to be considered for All-Star selection. Pitchers are not voted on by the fans.
This year’s All-Star Game will be played on July 10th at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. Below is the full voting update provided by Major League Baseball…
Latest posts by Dan Pfeiffer (see all)
- Baseball America Releases Top-10 Yankees Prospect List - December 9, 2013
- Yankees Affiliate Honored as ‘Team of the Year’ - October 31, 2013
- Potential Milestones: September 2, 2013 - September 2, 2013
- Interviews | Mason Williams - September 1, 2013
- Yankees Promotion Decisions Looming as September Approaches - August 31, 2013