Andy Pettitte left Wednesday’s game in the 5th inning after taking a line drive off the bat of Casey Kotchman to the left ankle. Pettitte went down instantly, though managed to convince Joe Girardi and the training staff to let him remain in the game. After a few warm-up pitches, Pettitte threw just one pitch to the next batter before being removed. He did appear to be limping as he left the field.
Pettitte was replaced by Cody Eppley. There has been no word yet on how severe the injury is.
Update: Pettitte has been diagnosed with a fractured ankle. He’ll miss at least six weeks, though surgery won’t be required. Adam Warren will likely take one of the two roster spots now open. My guess is that D.J. Mitchell is a safe bet for the other, at least until David Phelps is finished being stretched out.
Latest posts by Dan Pfeiffer (see all)
- Luis Severino hits the DL with oblique injury - August 9, 2014
- BronxPinstripes’ Mid-season Top 15 Prospects - July 29, 2014
- Gary Sanchez benched in Trenton for disciplinary reasons - June 13, 2014
- Peter O’Brien’s ‘easy power’ drawing comparisons to all-time greats - May 23, 2014
- Thunder Manager Tony Franklin sets Eastern League wins record - May 10, 2014