Ivan Nova pitched four scoreless in today’s 3-1 win over the Tampa Bay Rays.
Francisco Cervelli started the Yankees only big rally in a three-run 8th inning. He started the inning with a single and was pinch-run for. The pinch-runner, Walter Ibarra, would go on to score the first run of the game on an error by the Rays shortstop Hak-Ju Lee. Catcher Bobby Wilson would bring in two more on a single to left to be all the offense for the Yankees.
Ivan Nova started today’s game and pitched four scoreless innings with some assistance. Catcher Francisco Cervelli is competing for the starting job of opening day and if defense wins it, Cervelli made a great impression. In the 1st inning, Cervelli backed up Nunez’s throwing error by throwing out the runner stealing 2nd base. Then, with runners on the corners and one out, Cervelli threw out the runner stealing 2nd base and helped Nova out of his jam.
Win – Brett Marshall
Loss – Dane De La Rosa
Save – Matt Tracy
*Bobby Wilson – 1 for 1, 2 RBI (2)
*Thomas Neal – 2 for 3, R
*Mike Fontenot – 1 for 3, RBI (4)
*Cole Figueroa – 1 for 1, 2B
Latest posts by Ryan Nakada (see all)
- Francisco Cervelli traded - November 12, 2014
- Who replaces Dellin Betances? - November 3, 2014
- Derek Jeter’s farewell to old Yankee Stadium - October 10, 2014
- Yankees game 162: Pineda finishes strong in Jeter’s final finale - September 28, 2014
- Yankees game 161: Red Sox rough up Tanaka, Yankees - September 27, 2014