Ivan Nova had a second round of tests yesterday conducted by Yankee team doctor Christopher Ahmad. The MRI has concluded a partial tear in the UCL of his pitching elbow, and surgery has been recommended. If and when Nova decides to have the Tommy John procedure, he could be out for 12-18 months. As for right now Yankee skipper Joe Girardi is leaving Vidal Nuno in his spot, he’s slated to pitch Saturday against the Angels. Nova is only 27 so he should be able to bounce back from this without issue. But it is a big loss to the rotation, more then people realize. Nova has said he is devastated about the news and hoped it wasn’t going to be a season ending injury. He ends the season with a 2-2 record and an 8.27 ERA.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Yankees Get Stephen Drew, Martin Prado at Deadline - July 31, 2014
- Trade Deadline: Yankees Last Minute Rundown - July 31, 2014
- Pineda to start final rehab assignment - July 29, 2014
- Buy, Sell or Trade, What the Yankees are really doing - July 28, 2014
- A-Rod turns 39 today, continues to stay quiet - July 27, 2014