Ivan Nova had a second round of tests yesterday conducted by Yankee team doctor Christopher Ahmad. The MRI has concluded a partial tear in the UCL of his pitching elbow, and surgery has been recommended. If and when Nova decides to have the Tommy John procedure, he could be out for 12-18 months. As for right now Yankee skipper Joe Girardi is leaving Vidal Nuno in his spot, he’s slated to pitch Saturday against the Angels. Nova is only 27 so he should be able to bounce back from this without issue. But it is a big loss to the rotation, more then people realize. Nova has said he is devastated about the news and hoped it wasn’t going to be a season ending injury. He ends the season with a 2-2 record and an 8.27 ERA.
Latest posts by Nicholas Tarnowsky (see all)
- Pineda Making a Final Push to Return This Season - July 24, 2014
- Yankees Get Chase Headley; Trade Solarte - July 22, 2014
- Have the Yankees Moved on from the Cliff Lee Idea? - July 22, 2014
- Finally Put the Refsynder Debate to Rest, For Now - July 18, 2014
- RE2PECT: Jeter Tribute Video by Jordan Brand - July 14, 2014